With summer right around the corner, more of our days and nights are spent outdoors. We turn our patios and decks into al fresco dining rooms as we catch up with friends and family over cocktails and meals. Since glassware usually isn’t the best option for the outdoors, this is the perfect time to highlight our new stemless tumblers. These insulated tumblers are a great way to keep all your summer beverages cool, and look good doing it! We like to use a few different birds, so everyone can keep track of their own drink. Enjoy them along with one of our favorite summer drinks from the recipes below. Cheers!
White Sangria Spritzer
I made this for a Mother's Day gathering this year and it was a big hit. The recipe is a combination of a white wine sangria and spritzer, so it is the perfect light, fruity, refreshing summertime drink. You can add whatever combination of fruits you prefer.
- In a pitcher combine two handfuls of berries (either blueberries, raspberries or blackberries), a handful of sliced strawberries, and 1/2 orange, thinly sliced (I used a blood orange for the color)
- Pour in one bottle of white wine of your choice (either a sauvignon blanc or pinot grigio)
- Add 1/3 cup of orange flavored liqueur such as Cointreau or Grand Marnier
- Let the mixture sit in the fridge for at least 3 hours for the flavors to meld
- To serve, pour over ice and top with sparkling water.
My sister and I discovered this drink at an outdoor cafe in Miami Beach. It was created by mixologist Ryan Magarian and it was so good I asked for the recipe (of course now you can find it online!).
A summer drink staple!
- Muddle together 2 tablespoons of simple syrup (adjust according to how sweet you like your beverage) and 15 mint leaves
- Add 1/4 cup white rum and 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice and stir well
- To serve, stir in 1/4 cup chilled club soda and pour over ice
With only 3 ingredients, this recipe from The SpruceEats is not only easy and quick but tastes like summer!
I love a good gin and tonic, but the substitution of carbonated water for tonic water makes this drink from the Moodymixologist super refreshing, and it's low cal! You can also make this with bourbon instead of gin.
Moscow Mule Mocktail
A three ingredient non-alcoholic drink from the Merry Thought that you can sip all day. Crisp and cool with a little zing from the non-alcoholic ginger beer.